Sunday, June 12, 2005

Three Cheers for Normalcy.

Man, I am tired. I mean emotionally, mentally, and physically drained.

What a month, right? First graduation, then moving (the moving continues, alas! how the moving continues), then studying for the bar. Then meeting a boy. Then flipping out over the boy being injured. And now quiet again. Just me, the books, and the boxes of shit I should probably throw away.

Today I started throwing things out on the theory that if I have been living in my new apartment for two weeks and didn't need it, I probably don't need it generally. This applied to things like a broken fan from my pre-central air conditioning days. But my toaster just hasn't been used out of mere circumstance. I've also realized that I need a tea kettle, among other things.

Good God, this post is dull.

But my day has been dull. Had breakfast with a friend, loaded up my car with more of my shit, came back and studied, watched the Yankees beat the Cardinals, and ate and ate and ate. I tried to hit Tasti-D, it's a blessing it was closed inexplicably at 10 pm on a Saturday night.

But I'll tell you what -- compared to the dreadful excitement of this week, I'll take dull anytime if it means no hospitals and no tears. That's probably why today seems so boring -- compared to what else has happened recently, today was obscenely normal. In the aftermath of FB's injury I had forgotten that this is what my life is usually like.

So three cheers for normalcy and calm. No doubt it won't last long so I'll just enjoy it for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Hit Counter