Monday, May 23, 2005

Turning to the Dark Side

I just saw the new "Star Wars" movie tonight - what is it called? Something with "Sith"? It would be funnier if it were "synth" like "synth pop" and the soundtrack featured new songs by Depeche Mode.

But I LOVED the movie. LOVED it. Like basically any intelligent person on the planet I was severely disappointed by the first two films in this trilogy, but this movie just about made up for it. At last I realized why I had to endure so much stupid background information for two movies -- maybe the first two could have been just one boring movie, but wow, what an ending for a great franchise.

Watching Annikin turn to the Dark Side and become Darth Vader was heartbreaking and mesmerizing. Answers to so many long-standing questions were presented in technologically astounding form. The fight scenes and backgrounds were just incredible. In true "Star Wars" fashion the acting left something to be desired (even the usually laudable Natalie Portman) but I thought Hayden Christenson turned out a sound performance -- he really showed the confusion, anguish, passion and loathing that drove Annikin to the Dark Side.

I'm really blown away by this film. I think my fellow Monday night moviegoers were, too -- or perhaps they were somewhat more courteous than my Friday and Saturday night Sunset Place moviegoing peers. Believe it or not, not one cell phone rang, and not one girl yelled "Don't do it girlfriend!"

If you are a "Star Wars" fan, you must see this is the film. It will renew your faith in the power of The Force.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Hit Counter