Thursday, May 26, 2005

Waitlisted

If you will, pardon my moment of basking in pretensiousness.

There is a profile on Friendster called "Hot Ivy Leaguer." It says it is dedicated to selecting only the hottest Ivy League students and alumnae. I applied to become a friend of Hot Ivy Leaguer, and no action has been taken on my request. Getting your friend request approved by Hot Ivy Leaguer is proving to be more difficult than being admitted to the Ivies, themselves. The powers that be have waitlisted me!

To keep up my thin veil of anonymity, I cannot reveal which of the Ivies I attended. I can, however, say this: it was not known for hot girls.

Now I'm not going to hold myself out to be scorching hot. By Miami standards I'm probably average. Not that you would know any of this, since you don't know who I am. But I can assure you that by my college's standards, I was pretty hot.

Hot Ivy Leaguer apparently doesn't realize that applicants from my school should be graded on a curve. If you added ten points to my application, I would be in the same league as say, a girl from Columbia (that's the only clue you'll get out of me - I didn't go there). And I noticed that in the 475 friends of Hot Ivy Leaguer there weren't many of my fellow alumnae. Hot Ivy Leaguer is selecting candidates in the most discriminatory way that excludes my sisters, and ME!

Granted, I've grown accustomed to curves in law school. How else can you best account for a difficult test and level the field? Hot Ivy Leaguer should employ the same tactic and give my fellow alumnae the same fighting chance as any of the hot girls from other Ivies. And FYI, there are some decidedly NOT hot friends of Hot Ivy Leaguer.

Dammit, approve my friend request!

3 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The love/hate relationship with friendster continues....

We can make a new profile and call it "Curved Hotter than the Hot Ivy Leaguers (and other highly rated schools)" -- you can be friend #1!!! and we will even find out how everyone can be a "fan" of you.

We can utilize the "curve" you suggest...and maybe even allow a few non-ivy leaguers? (heheh that means me) -- of course being allowed into this category we will use all types of curves -- including what school you went to, what your current employment/education status is, and maybe something to do with what your friends have said about you. Maybe we will require that you get recommendations or something like that.

We will also make sure to reject any person who is already in the hot ivy leaguers catagory. Well, if they are hot I guess we can consider them.

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not as pretentious as you think cos you can't spell. Ha!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Danya said...

Alas, you are right. I can't spell. I guess that's what the spell-checking feature is for. Thought it was more important to post a poorly spelled piece than nothing at all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Hit Counter