Sunday, May 01, 2005

So What Happened Next?

If you read Friday's post, you're probably wondering, "So what happened next?" After being dumped in a foreign country, what do you do?

There are many options, ranging from the violent (slap him silly) to the vengeful (wait outside his condo and throw eggs at his car as he drives by) and any number of alternatives in between.

But because I am fairly law-abiding and own over 500 CDs, the answer was clear: make a mix full of songs appropriate for someone recently dumped. I was going to mail a copy to Rich, but he would figure out it was me and I really don't want him thinking that I'm this hurt. I titled it "Songs for Pathetic Assholes" (in homage to Rich) and included the following tracks:

I'm Looking Through You - The Beatles
Tell You Now - Le Tigre
Lost Cause - Beck
Song for the Dumped - Ben Folds Five
You're So Vain - Carly Simon
So Cruel - U2
Like a Friend - Pulp
Y Control - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
I'm a Terrible Person - Rooney
Get Gone - Fiona Apple
Femme Fatale - Velvet Underground (not the best fit, but he loves Velvet Underground)
I Am Trying to Break Your Heart - Wilco
Volcano - Damien Rice
one i love - R.E.M.
Betterman - Pearl Jam
Tear in Your Hand - Tori Amos
Blue Monday - (the Orgy cover, not the New Order original - I think it's angrier)
Doo-Wop (That Thing) - Lauryn Hill ("Girl, you know you better watch out...")
Land Locked Blues - Bright Eyes (not the best fit either, but there's a story there, too).

If anyone is reading this and has a suggestion for another good "fuck you" song, please post a comment. I'm all ears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Hit Counter