Saturday, April 23, 2005

More things to despise

You know what else goes on the list of things to dislike?

Metrosexual self-absorbed men who get pedicures and take longer to get ready in the morning than I do!

What ever happened to regular old guys who are a little sloppy with respect to their grooming? Who drink BEER? Who watch baseball? Guys where you have to yell at them to get off the couch to go mow the lawn? I would rather date a guy who is wearing mismatched socks than a slick, overgroomed, pretty boy any day of the week.

But oh, if it were that easy I could just head to Hooters and pick up a barfly.

If you want to be amazed at what men are doing to look good (and not for women, mind you - they're doing it for themselves!) check out this article originally published in New York Magazine:
http://newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/shopping/beauty/features/4533/index.html

2 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to hooters last night --- you would be surprised how many families were there -- strange.

anyway... i agree with this whole guy being a guy thing

i think the worst (above the pedicures) is when a guy gets his eyebrows done. And I am not taking about getting rid of unibrows (i am a huge supporter of that) but i am talking about full on shaping and grooming -- why do guys need a nice arch in their eyebrows? its just gay.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Danya said...

As an addendum, I'd like to add that I too fully support unibrow removal.

Back hair waxing I support in certain situations (see e.g. Robin Williams).

But much beyond shaving and showering makes me a little suspicious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Hit Counter