Thursday, April 21, 2005

inaugural message

Today's mission: find birthday cards for my three best friends from college, all of whom have birthdays within the month. Not an easy task - not even close. A royal princess themed card for one, a slightly raunchy card for the second, but the third? I ransacked the mediocre selection at the campus bookstore trying to find just the right thing. Sounds cliched, I know, but I had just about given up when I saw it -- the card that inspired the name of this blog.

I'll scan it when i get a chance...so you can all share my amusement. I started laughing so hard I cried when I saw the following:

Imagine a picture of an overweight, middle-aged man wearing a turquoise sequined unitard. There is a trapeze in the background and the text reads:
"So, you will not go to Omaha with Paco? Paco can show you many things, but Paco will not beg."

The inside reads (not verbatim, I sent the card already): Birthday or not, don't go with Paco.

For some reason this seems to sum up my mood at the moment.
I'm in no mood to follow a unitard-clad man to Omaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Hit Counter