Monday, January 16, 2006

Karma Hates Me

I used to think I was a little bit paranoid. But after yesterday, I got confirmation that everyone really is out to get me. Or at least Karma is out to get me.

So of course that amazing guy never called. I should have known better than to think that last Saturday's happiness could be sustained, replicated, or expanded upon. I'm a fucking idiot.

You would think this would be enough to handle on a random January Sunday. Unfortunately, Karma felt like delivering another swift kick to my unsuspecting ass.

I went to Publix last night to buy my groceries for the week. Had my iPod on, was minding my own business, but realized I forgot to get pancake mix. I turned around from the produce section and returned to the jellies, condiments, and coffee aisle. I was about to turn the corner and then, completely without warning, I nearly ran into ex-BF.

Aside from driving near each other on the causeway, this was the first time I had seen him since he left my apartment for the last time in September. We exchanged about thirty seconds of polite conversation before he scurried off when I asked him how studying was going. Thank goodness he left, because I felt like I might throw up.

Talking to my friend A through my sobs, I asked how much more of this can I be expected to take? For whatever reason, I feel like my romantic life has begun to resemble a story from Classical mythology - perhaps the Herculean trials or The Odyssey. Karma is testing me. I'm a fairly tough cookie, but this is just getting ridiculous. The events of the week (see two posts ago) are clearly some kind of cosmic sign that I'm not reading correctly. Frankly, I just don't get it.

And more importantly, why me?

3 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger elad said...

oh, D. I really feel for you these past few weeks. I know it's been hard, but you are a wonderful person and good things always come to good people. This is cheesy, but true!, fact. Seriously. So, chill and wait for the good times.

PS. You've been tagged for the Five Weird Habits meme by me. I know you've got some great ones, so enterain us!

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think that karma is trying to teach you how to be patient! there is the moral of the story for ya

-S

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous whydoyouhatemekarma. said...

im with you hun. karma HATES me.
example 1:
i was at the park with my 3 friends. one of my friends that was there likes this guy. i see his initials and "was here" on one of the posts. i take a woodchip and put my friends initials and a heart around her crushes. i tell my friend she will kill me. she sees it and starts chasing me. i run. up the stairs of the park. and BOOM. hit my head on the slide, very hard and fall down the stairs i just went down. had a bump on my head for a week.
example 2:
my phone was acting up, so i start sassing it and saying its a horrible phone. i run into a tree. it hurt.
example 3:
i was at like friend k's house. her cousin was over and was being a dbag to everyone xcept for my friend b. k starts making fun of b to her family because of k's cousin liking her. me and b go up to all of k's family and say she kissed a guy whose a player. they believed us and we ran out of the house laughing in the dark to get into our ride. i trip over their dog's metal steak and fall.

i can name 5 more examples that only happened in this month.
karma
is
a
butt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Hit Counter