Wednesday, March 15, 2006

When You're Done, You're Done (?)

I managed to talk about something other than boys for two whole posts. So back to my favorite topic.

He called tonight. He'll be down to visit this weekend. Our conversation took on the tone of people who know each other well enough not to put on a front. We were both honest and a little bit mean. We did not converse like people who are interested in each other. I found out that he lied about being in Miami the Sunday he stood me up; he told me is deathly allergic to cats and staying at my house made him ill for a week, and in turn, made his family ill. I told him he is flaky with plans and I don't believe I will actually see him this weekend.

In short, the conversation did not go well.

It further made me realize that I'm so sick of this whole situation. If I met someone even remotely interesting who lives in Miami I would probably forget him.

Still, I haven't forgotten him in two and a half years.

I always say that I'm not looking for a "nice" guy, that I want someone who will argue with me and fight back. But after my conversation tonight with a guy who is a big jerk, I have come to realize that I have no idea what I want, who I'm looking for, what I need, or what type of guy would make me happy. I'm completely clueless.

And I feel like as far as this guy goes, to whom I formerly referred as my future husband, I think I'm just about done with him. There's only so much one girl can take. If I see him this weekend, I see him, and if not, then it's done. Even if I see him, I might still be done. I think when you're done, you're done. But I might be wrong.

1 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i dont think its over

-s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Site Counter
Hit Counter